Sunday, October 22, 2006

FREUD'S COUCH

Psychology was one of my favorite subjects in college. I wanted to take it as pre-law and not because I like to figure out what the other people are thinking. Ha! Quite frankly, I'd rather let them leave their thoughts to themselves --> except of course when I'm interested with someone's thoughts (wink wink). Anyhow, I always knew I'm crazy and I like to figure out the severity of my lunacy.

The problem with self-study and self-diagnosis is the tendency to relate so much with every little thing you read due to personal bias. I think I used to diagnose myself as Schizophreniform with Bipolar I disorder and OC personality disorder. And I feared for everyone's sake --> lol.

Due to the wonders of the internet, there are sites that offer psych tests for almost anything that your mind could think of. So my goal for a personal objective study of myself had more progress. I don't like to get "professional" opinion. I don't trust what guidance counselors tell me. It's easy to fake exams. It's easy for me to convince things on paper in order to get my way. Plus a little acting in the office, it's done. The only way I see for this self psychoanalysis project of mine to get off is do a blind study. The internet offer a minimal level of this, but it suits me fine for the moment.

Anyway, one day, bored as usual, I decided to take several psych tests for the heck of it.

The first test was a color test. It showed series of colors of varying shades and makes you pick which you like better. AT the end of the test, the site froze, and knowing that my attention span is that of a baby, I moved to another test. Too bad, it could've been interesting.

The next test I had a lot of fun. It was a MENSA IQ fun test. Initially, it showed series of numbers and letters and you figure it out (i.e. 101 D --> 101 Dalmatians; 365 D of the Y --> 365 days of the year). I wanted to back out because I hate numbers, but then I'd like to find out if I am a cretin and would like to get proper documentation for it if they do provide that. I was planning to frame it and hang it on my wall to silence people alluding untrue adjectives of my mental faculties. Unfortunately, the test showed that I'm not a cretin. What a party pooper.

The next test is a belief test. This interested me a lot. It provided a series of questions about faith and I answered either YES or NO. There was also a checklist of other issues for you to consider. The test revealed that my beliefs are more of Liberal Protestant, Tao Buddhism, and Scientology. I find myself chuckling because I know I haven't had the urge to destroy couches and scream "I'm in love. I love ___!!" <jump, jump, jump>. Moreover, I cannot quite imagine myself bald, sipping tea, and into the noble 8-fold path. I am more of the Bushido code-type and the NO-MIND technique I do naturally. Hahaha. Then of course there's the Sun-Tzu Art of War.

The next test is of them personality test. Like most personality tests this was lengthy and I got easily got bored with it, but I stuck with it because I wanted to know if I do have personality. What it revealed in the end is that I am an INTJ (Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging). When I read through the explanation, I got a good kick out of it. Finally, I had some sense of enlightenment on why my lovelife is nonexistent. Says there lovelife is actually an INTJ's Achilles' heel. It was a wonderful insight. The cool thing is I read through was when I found out some personalities that share my line of thinking:

REAL: John F. Kennedy, Thomas Jefferson, Rudy Giulliani, US General Secretary of State Colin Powell, Augustus Caesar, Jane Austen, C.S. Lewis, Lance Armstrong, and Katie Couric.

FICTIONAL: Cassius (Julius Caesar), Gandalf the Grey (LOTR), Professor Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes), and Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs).

Though I still insist on my insanity, for now I guess I can sleep well with the thought that Gandalf the Grey is as cracked as I am! I mean how cool is that!!

Time's up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooohhh clarice starling...maybe that explains the many stalkers you have in your life hahaha :D