Sunday, May 06, 2007

It Really Makes Me Wonder

The last few weeks have been difficult for me because my brain hit a speed bump. I've been deciding on whether I should leave my current employment and I finally decided just last night to resign. Actually, last Friday I have informed my supervisor and I couldn't care less of her reaction or non-reaction whatsover. Anyway, nobody on earth can stop me (well ... Orlando Bloom perhaps.)

I spent the weekend lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, wallowing in grief and frustration. I guess having "IT ENDS TONIGHT" by All American Rejects on repeat was not gonna help my current psychological situation. So I decided to turn on the radio and listen for new songs to "acquire" for my I-Pod.

When I turned the radio on, the first voice I heard was that of Adam Levine's. And I remembered that I wanted this song for ages and had some difficulty "acquiring" it. My mood lifted a bit hearing "Makes Me Wonder." The song has this catchy disco-ish vibe that just makes some of my muscles move and groove.

When the song was over, I turned the radio off and turned the TV on, only to catch the video of the same song of Maroon 5.

Like I said, there's a disco vibe going and the video just proved it. At the start of the song, the group boards a Mile High-ish plane. Adam was wearing a tux for starters. There's disco lights and shiny floors but no dancing. Only sexy stewardesses walking around. There's the band performing the song, and Adam being frisked by airport friskers, who happen to be sexy women wearing really really short uniforms (yeah, in MTV world absolutely anything can happen.) In a nutshell, it's an ultra simple sexy MTv. Nothing too loud or that interesting (well, I guess the guys would be interested with the stewardesses in the video).

I logged on to the net and went to YouTube and watched the video again because I swear there's a big change in Adam Levine's look which I can't put my finger on. I don't know if it's the haircut, the fact he's wearing a tux, or something else. Whatever it is, he's still hot.

I also checked the lyrics, and it just made me smirk. Maroon 5's really good in sending out whatever it is they wanted to say with lyrics so straighforwardly cool. I mean the guy doesn't really mince his words. My favorite lines (and perhaps the best lines of the song) goes:

"I still don't have the reason,
and you don't have the time.
And it really makes me wonder
if I ever gave a f**k about you ..."

.... sense the anger? Maybe it's just me and my own anger but it's one line I would love to sing at work before I leave.

Ah, whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.... sense the anger? Maybe it's just me and my own anger but it's one line I would love to sing at work before I leave.

I couldn't have agreed more on that last sentence

James from Texas