Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Road Trips to Wherever

I've been a bum for almost 3 days now and I have been to several short road trips as of late. After 7 months of the graveyard shift, I am actually happy seeing the sun (or rain ... it's the start of the rainy season). I am also looking forward to my long overdue HK trip next week (so excited I've already packed my stuff.)

Meanwhile, I haven't wasted any time for resentment nor regret. I am living at the moment with my newfound temporary freedom (Well, we gotta work don't we? Maybe in a month.) and I am enjoying my sabbatical from the grind in different ways I can possibly can.

Hmmm, actually please define fun. A week ago I was supposed to go to an interview but my dad's truck (I borrowed obviously) stalled in the middle of the road, ergo I was not able to attend the said appointment (of course I informed my future supposed to be employer - never heard from them again, huhuhu). Anyway, while I was waiting for the mechanics to fetch the vehicle I was invited by my pal to accompany her driving around the provinces (part of her work) that same day. Dressed in business attire, I ended up driving FOR HER (she weaseled me out to do it) around the rural areas under the blaring afternoon sun. It took my mind off the foiled interview and I wished I was wearing more comfy clothing. First time I drove an automatic car - which was insane - for me! My left foot kept looking for a clutch pad, I ended up stepping on the brakes quite frequently. Made me recall one episode of Friends where Phoebe borrowed her grandma's taxi cab ... should've brought pillows to cushion our heads hitting the dashboard.

It turned out to be a semi-road trip 'cuz we went to several towns, I explored the architecture of the old churches that we landed on (my friend's job involves land deeds and she frequents provincial municipal halls ... and I noticed there is almost always a major church just next to these buildings). Unfortunately, the phone memory of cellphone was already loaded so I was not able to take too many pictures.

My Monday also started the same sans the job interview and car problems. I accompanied her around the city and again, I went exploring. The next day, I had to go on a short trip to our farm also in the province ... which was a refreshing refuge from the pollution and heat in the city. Our area happens to be windy and cool even with the sun shining down. Must be the trees (ah yes, those mango trees ...) Anyway, I ended up taking photos of the latest developments (if there were) in the farm ... actually I made more photo studies than what my dad actually wanted me to photograph. The day should've been perfect until my dad hooked up the karaoke system and they all started yowling the whole afternoon. I tell you, that thing is the most destructive Japanese invention EVER.

This day I decided to save on gas and stay at home for the rest of the afternoon. I'll be watching Pirates of the Caribbean this evening and I'm pretty sure I will blog about it later.

No comments: