Wednesday, January 23, 2008

R.I.P. Heath Ledger



I had the shock of my life when I woke up and received a text message from a friend asking me if Heath Ledger died. I was like "What?!"

Fortunately, Globe Innove finally decided to install my DSL after almost two months since my transfer - shesh. (The customer service people will finally have some peace and quiet after all my follow-up calls).

As soon as the installers exited the door, I went online to check the piece of information I got. I need not to do a search. My Yahoo page flashed in front of me with a headline announcing the death of the Aussie actor.

I was quiet for at least 5 minutes, letting the news sink into my gray matter. My favorite "10 Things I Hate About You" scene wherein Patrick Verona serenades Katherina played in my head. Heath was singing "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" and starts prancing around the stadium. It was hilarious.

That movie is my guilty pleasure. When I feel blue, I watch that movie and automatically whatever's bothering me evaporates for awhile.

I know Mr. Ledger had better flicks- A Knight's Tale, Brothers Grimm, The Patriot, and the very much anticipated The Dark Knight wherein he plays the iconic Joker - but 10 Things I Hate About You, was the first time I've met Heath Ledger.

Before I left for work, I watched the movie again ... but the feeling was different. It was remote ... maybe because of the knowledge that he already passed on.

It's saddening that such a fine, young, and highly talented actor met an untimely death.

Thank you Mr. Ledger for the entertainment. And God bless your soul.

No comments: