Monday, January 07, 2008

Starting from Negative One

The year 2007 was not a really bad year to me. I had fun most of the year - career wise, and a slump as usual in the social department. However, no matter how great things were, life suddenly throws you a curve ball. The biggest blow in my life happened in the 15th of November when my father died. I was expecting Christmas to be exceptionally happy this year, but unfortunately, this was not the case. New Year was bittersweet too. I was planning to go on a trip with my family, I ended up spending New Year in a nice place missing the people I want beside me.

But then I'm not really sad, with the bad came the good. My brother came home from Canada (because of what happened), and it was good seeing him (though I wish it was in a happier circumstance).

I get to move out of the house and finally got my own. I love the "independent thing." And with what's happened, nobody questioned my immediate decision to leave the coop.

I made sure my schedule has room to visit my dad in his "new home." He visits me in my dreams when I don't - never argue with the dead.

2008: New year, new life, new house, new business, new people and places to discover! Though I'm starting from negative one in the scale, I'm actually looking forward to a better year. Anything can happen.

No comments: